YES Feminine Products Frequently Asked Questions
Date Posted:4 October 2020
Yes is designed and formulated to safeguard your intimate health. Organic certification is our proof to you that our products contain only the purest, most natural ingredients that benefit you and our planet. YES lubricants are free from harmful synthetic chemicals. This means that you need have no worries or concerns about what you are putting on your most sensitive tissues. Not only that, but you’ll find that our natural & pure formulations result in the kind of luxurious lubrication that synthetic products cannot match.
How natural is Yes?
- Yes products are approved by the Vegetarian Society
- All Yes ingredients occur naturally and meet the Soil Association’s stringent purity standards
- All Yes products are certified organic by the Soil Association: Europe’s leading certification body
- Yes is the only certified organic range of lubricants on the planet! This is your guarantee of purity
Why does natural matter?
- Buying organic is not only kinder to you and your body, but it is also better for the planet
- Yes products are based on plant products with proven pedigrees of healing skin and mucus membranes
- Intimate tissues are extra vulnerable to absorbing irritants and tissue damaging chemicals; buying natural products ensures you minimise your chemical body burden
What makes YES revolutionary?
The founders of YES set out to create intimacy products which would outshine the category. It has taken three years of profound research and creative development to create lubrication which:
- Offers exceptional performance without compromising purity
- Is non-derivative, having a new concept formulation which is totally unlike the tired well worn variations on silicone or glycerin based lubes
- Is based on an ingredient with a outstanding (6,000 year) pedigree as a healing skin food
- Has powerful moisture retentive properties
- Is bio-adhesive to mucous membranes (inner skin environment)
- Is composed of other organic, cosmetic and food quality ingredients
- Is actively nourishing of the mucous membranes
- Has a sublime consistency
- Is as nature identical as possible
- Does not expose intimate parts of the body to potentially damaging synthetic chemicals
- Can be dispensed discreetly and efficiently
- Deploys a valve closure which is hygienic and reduces the amount of preservative required
- Is packaged in an aesthetic way
- Can look stylish enough to be happily bought and left on display
- Offers all the reassurance of a natural product, with the premium performance of a synthetic one
- Changes your world from the inside…
How does YES compare?
Have you ever wondered why facilitating something as wonderfully natural as sex has to involve so many chemicals? Well, now it doesn’t. YES lubricants are formulated from plant extracts to give the most natural feeling lubrication possible. Our ingredients’ track records as excellent skin foods and the reassurance of organic certification from the Soil Association (Europe’s leading certification body), ensures you will be able to enjoy our products without having to worry about synthetic additives, chemicals or animal testing. The following table explains further why we choose to avoid chemicals and additives:
How do I apply Yes?
YES WB Water based lubricant is a gel that becomes less thick, more liquid as it is used. Rub a little in your fingers and you will see how it liquefies. For use as a personal lubricant, YES WB can be applied before and or during lovemaking. Privately, before lovemaking, women can put it on, in and around the vulva and vagina, using fingers to insert the lubricant well into the vagina, as well as to the labia. Applying lubricant during lovemaking can also become part of the intimate experience, enjoyed by both partners. If you are in any doubt about how much to use, go for more not less, water based lubricants are not known for lasting a long time. YES WB contains no glycerine. Glycerine makes lubricants feel sticky and can dry tissues too. So using lots of YES WB will not leave you feeling sticky. Use about 5ml (a teaspoon full). Put it on where the dryness occurs and depending on the severity of your dryness you may need to use the product more frequently. YES WB is very soothing it calms sore itchy tissues.
How should I store YES products?
Various things can cause the life of any product to be shortened, extreme temperatures (leaving it on a sunny window sill) or the addition of bacteria or fungi when removing the lid/cap. As YES products are made from natural ingredients, they are more sensitive to harsh conditions than their synthetic chemical cousins (actually more distant than cousins). Do not leave them on a sunny window sill, keep them at room temperature, no freezing or boiling and keep the lid on when you are not using them. They are not too sensitive, so you don’t have to turn out the light although they do like a little candle light!
Which conditions can YES help with?
All the YES products are certified organic, which is the guarantee to the customer of product purity: assuring you there is nothing unknown, hidden, or damaging present in our organic product. To summarise YES products contain: no petrochemicals, no parabens, no known skin irritants, no grapefruit seed extract, no glycerin, no hormones, no silicone, no propylene glycol. As an example YES WB contains 5 plant extracts – all used in food and three having healing pedigrees of over 4000 years, and food grade preservatives. As a result we believe that our products are the safest on the market anywhere and why it is so good for sensitive skin. The preservatives we use in YES WB water based lubricant and YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser are approved by the FDA and UK/EU bodies for food and cosmetic applications, as well as by our organic certifier: The Soil Association. The preservatives are used as sparingly as possible, in the lowest concentrations to be effective. To date we have found no naturally occurring approved preservative that works safely and effectively – so we chose the best solution, a combination of sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate.
YES WB water based is more suitable for intercourse but some sufferers use it for daily moisture and comfort as well. If you are being treated with a steroid cream then it would be best to leave 12 hours between applying the YES oil based and the steroid, as the oil could act as a barrier. YES water based lubricant will be quite quickly absorbed so the time between applying it and the steroid cream could be much shorter. If you are using dilators or adult toys to aid sexual intercourse, both YES oil and water based are safe to use with these aids.
Treatment for vaginismus seeks to identify the underlying emotional causes whilst also addressing the condition’s physical discomfort. In independent case studies, Yes has proven to be successful in remedying the physical difficulties associated with vaginismus. Treatment of the physical symptoms of vaginismus relies on you becoming more accustomed to intimate touching, and eventually, penetration. Healthcare professionals will either recommend that you begin using vaginal dilators or if you are not comfortable with this, that you take the time to gently relax and explore yourself. Whichever of these methods proves to be the best for you, it is advisable that you choose an intimate lubricant to aid you in achieving penetration. However, many products on the market are unsuitable for such a delicate condition, due to their lubricating properties and their ingredients. Yes should be the natural choice for women who experience vaginismus. Yes lubricants are guaranteed pure through their organic certification and contain no potentially harmful chemical ingredients. Yes’ unique plant based formulations protect and lubricate intimate tissues during intercourse, and unlike synthetic, glycerine based products, will not leave a sticky residue behind after use. Yes products are safe for use with vaginal dilators.
YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is a safe long term solution to vaginal dryness (Atrophic Vaginitis) & offers instant relief from itching, soreness and painful intercourse. It is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is more of a slow release moisturiser than YES WB water based lubricant, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating itself. It is a natural feeling, condom compatible lubricant and also helps to restore typical vaginal pH so protects against thrush (Candida albicans). It is hypoallergenic, has no skin irritants or concerning chemicals and as it is hormone and paraben free is safe to use during and after cancer treatment. In respect of how often to use the product, it can be used freely & frequently to re-moisturise dry vaginal tissues. Using Yes VM Vaginal Moisturiser as a moisturiser as well as a lubricant for intimate relations is perfectly fine, however you might find using YES WB water based lubricant for intercourse preferable as it releases water more rapidly to where it is needed most for making love. You can check by sensing whether you are still moist and lubricated or whether you have become a little dry again; use your body as a guide.
Approximately 80% of menopausal women will experience vaginal dryness due to hormonal changes. This condition can cause discomfort and pain, particularly during sexual intercourse and while there is a wide range of treatments on the market, some contain hormones or chemicals that you may prefer not to use on your delicate tissues. Although menopause is a normal, physiological process in the lives of women, many report uncomfortable urogenital symptoms as they transition through this stage. Such symptoms include urinary frequency, increased urinary tract infections, vaginal dryness and irritation, and painful intercourse, among others. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is natural and safe to use topically, and will protect and rehydrate sensitive tissues naturally. It is certified organic, making it the purest solution to the symptoms of menopausal vaginal dryness. YES’ unique, plant based formula provides instant relief from itching, soreness and painful intercourse. Using 1 every 3 days should be part of your daily regime and if you are still experiencing irritation topically then apply more using the tubes, being guided by your body as to how often/much to use. If you are requiring assistance with lovemaking we would recommend using the YES WB ater based lubricant products and both your partner and yourself should apply to each other to maximise slipperiness and facilitate penetration.
Painful sex can have many origins as you are probably aware, and they are often difficult to identify. Due to the complexity of Dyspareunia we cannot, with absolute confidence, say that YES products will help. If the soreness is caused by dryness and lack of natural lubrication, then YES WB water based personal lubricant will certainly provide moisture, slipperiness and intimate ease. Obviously we have to be cautious in saying that YES products will alleviate symptoms, in case there is any underlying condition, but many of our customers celebrate the restoration of pleasurable sex through using our products.
Which product should I use, YES Vaginal Moisturiser or YES Water Based Lubricant?
How does YES Vaginal Moisturiser compares to other Vaginal Moisturisers?
YES & Pregnancy
Is it safe to use YES whilst pregnant?
We believe that when you are pregnant, you are especially careful about your diet and the products you use, as you want your bodily environment to be as welcoming and kind as possible to your growing baby. During the hormonal changes brought about by pregnancy, it is common for a woman to experience vaginal dryness, and to need a lubricant. If vaginal dryness is experienced as a result of hormone changes due to pregnancy – common in the 2nd trimester – then YES WB water based lubricant would be more appropriate as it has the dual action of moisturisation and lubrication. YES WB water based lubricant is better, in this respect, than all other lubricants as it contains no glycerin, no sugars, no petrochemicals, no parabens, no grapefruit seed extract and no skin irritants. As it is certified organic by the Soil Association, all its ingredients are guaranteed to be as pure as possible and contain no GM materials either. We consider that you would be very responsible in choosing pure YES products when pregnant.
Are YES products sperm friendly?
The two main factors which govern sperm motility are pH and osmolality. Most common lubricants, typically based on glycerine, are very dense in osmolality, so that sperm lose moisture into them, and this reduces or destroys their viability. Again, most conventional lubricants will have a pH which is more acidic, to match normal vaginal pH, whereas sperm need the more alkaline pH provided by fertile cervical mucus to thrive. Given the purity of its ingredients, YES WB water based is the least likely of available water based lubricants to damage sperm, but its pH is acidic, to match the usual vaginal environment, so is not ideal.
- Sperm become immotile below pH6 and most intimate lubricants are made to match typical vaginal pH which is around pH4, whereas semen intrinsically has a pH range of pH7-8
- Thus most lubricants “kill” sperm by having a too acidic pH
- In addition the Osmolality of semen is slightly elevated above plasma. Almost all intimate lubricants are glycerine based, and as an alcohol sugar glycerine gives very high Osmolality values
- Sperm become unviable in high osmolality solutions, because they are “killed” by the Osmotic pressure of glycerine containing lubricants, such as K-Y Jelly
Can I use YES with condoms?
YES WB water based lubricant, YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser and YES BUT have been successfully tested for compatibility with latex and polyisoprene condoms. They are not compatible with polyurethane condoms. It is not advised to use oil based lubricants with latex condoms.
Can YES be used with sex toys?
YES WB water based is safe for use with latex, plastic and silicone toys.
- Winner of the Janey Loves Platinum Award 2019 for Feminine Care
- Winner of the Sublime Magazine Good Brand Award 2019
- Winner of Community Choice, Best Menopause Product in the Live Better With Menopause Spotlight Awards 2019
- Winner EUROPE 2018 Best New Mother & Baby Product, at the Natural and Organic Awards, London 2018
- Winner of Janey Loves 2018 Platinum Award for Best Mother & Baby Product
- Winner of the SME of the Year award at the Solent business Awards
- Winner for YES WB water based personal lubricant, at the Janey Loves 2016 Platinum Awards, London
- Winner for Best Intimate Health Products Provider, at the 2016 Global Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Awards
- Winner EUROPE 2016 Best Organic Beauty Product, at the Natural and Organic Europe Awards, London
- Winner, for the second year running, of the Janey Lee Grace 2015 Platinum Award for Best Intimate Product
- Winner of the Janey Lee Grace 2014 Platinum Award for Best Intimate Product
- Winner 2014 South Coast Business Awards for Best Customer Service Award
- Winner of Organic Non-Food Category at the Your Healthy Living Awards 2013
- Winner of the Janey Lee Grace 2013 Platinum Award for Best Intimate Product
- Winner 2012 Small Business of the Year South Coast Business Awards
- Winner 2011 Best Organic Body Product, at the Natural and Organic Europe Awards, London
- Finalist 2010 Best Organic Body Product, at the Natural and Organic Europe Awards, London
- Winner Triodos Women in Ethical Business Award Sponsored by The Times and Ecover
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association, since 2006
- Approved by the Vegetarian Society since 2006
- Ethical Award from the Ethical Company Organization, received annually since 2006
- Highly recommended by Natural Lifestyle Awards 2009, Best Personal Care
- Signatory to the Campaign for Safe cosmetics www.safecosmetics.org since 2006