Top 5 facial oils
Date Posted:16 July 2017
There are so many facial oils on the market, but how to know which one is best? You can use single oils, or if you prefer something really luxurious, choose a blend. Either way, using a facial oil can do wonders for your skin.
Here are our top 5 facial oils
- Rosehip oil is one of the most well known oils, thanks to many celebrities endorsing it as their beauty secret. It is bright orange in colour, and contains an abundance of anti-oxidants and fatty acids. A little tip; the deeper the orange colour, the more anti-oxidant properties the oil contains. See Emma Organics Certified Organic Rosehip Oil and Acure Certified Organic Rosehip Oil.
- Sea-buckthorn provides a natural source of beta-carotene, providing vitamin a, and tocopherols and tocotrienols, giving vitamin E. Being potent anti-oxidants, these two nutrients are beneficial for reducing damage to skin, which may be caused by environment, stress and ageing. Sea-buckthorn also contains a perfect balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. These two essentials fats help to maintain the skin’s moisture, reduce inflammation and promote a healthy glow. Vanessa Megan oil blends that incorporate sea-buckthorn include Vanessa Megan Nature's Elixir Oil (N.E.O.) and Vanessa Megan Intensive Organic Night Repair Oil.
- Argan oil is often referred to as ‘liquid gold’. It is extracted from the kernals of the argan tree in Moroccol. Being a lighter oil, it can be used both on the skin as a moisturizer and in the hair as a conditioning serum. Argan oil is a great all rounder. It is a natural source of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, making it beneficial for adding moisture back to the skin and promoting and anti-oxidant effect. We love pure Acure Certified Organic Argan Oil, which is suitable for all skin types. If you prefer something little extra, we recommend you try ACURE Certified Acure Organic Moroccan Argan Citrus Ginger Oil, Acure Certified Organic Moroccan Argan Coconut Oil or Acure Certified Organic Moroccan Argan Rose Oil.
- Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of zinc. This particular mineral is extremely beneficial for the skin. Zinc is beneficial for reducing acne, and to promote healthy healing of tissue and cells. Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of fatty acids. Pumpkin seed oil is anti-inflammatory, making it an excellent choice if you tend to be prone to red and inflamed skin, such as in acne, eczema or psoriasis. Both, Vanessa Megan Nature's Elixir Oil (N.E.O.) and Vanessa Megan Intensive Organic Night Repair Oil are rich in pumpkin seed oil.
- Macadamia oil has a beautiful, silky texture and is due to its high fatty acid content, is extremely hydrating. It is wonderful for dry skin, mature skin, or for skin that is exposed to the elements (wind, sun, cold). Vanessa Megan Intensive Organic Night Repair Oil is packed with macadamia oil (as well as sea-buckthorn and pumpik seed oil). Macadamia oil can alos be found in Emma Organics Organic Day & Night Moisturiser, Emma Organics Organic Facial Fluid, Emma Organics Rejuva-Nite Cream, Zk'in Rebalancing Lotion, NEEK Eye Serum and Emma Organics Sun Protect Hydration with SPF 15.
TIPS FOR USING OILS
- If you have younger skin, you may only need to use an oil once or twice a week. More than this, and you may find you break out in blemishes. For mature skin, or for dry skin, you may like to increase this to every other day, or perhaps even every day.
- To ensure the oil is absorbed into the skin, make sure you spritz your face with some toner or water before applying the oil. Having the moisture on the skin will help the oil penetrate your skin cells, rather than just sitting on top (which can clog pores and create blemishes)
- For a youthful glow, apply a small amount of oil over the top of your moisturizer before your foundation. The oil helps to plump out the skin, leaving you looking radiant.